The Center for Global Sustainability (CGS) launched its latest report on a high ambition coal power phaseout for China at the Beijing University of Technology. The event, Energy Transition and Coal Power Decarbonization, brought together a number of experts from the US and China to discuss the state of global coal power and energy transition towards long-term deep decarbonization.
Panelists and speakers included:
- Jiang Kejun, Senior scholar, Energy Research Institute, NDRC; Beijing University of Technology
- Leon Clarke, Research Director, Center for Global Sustainability; Research Professor, School of Public Policy University of Maryland
- Xie Zhenhua, China Climate Change Special Representative; Director, Institute of Climate Change and Sustainable Development, Tsinghua University
- Nate Hultman, Director, Center for Global Sustainability; Professor, School of Public Policy
- Ryna Yiyun Cui, Research Scholar, Center for Global Sustainability; Lead for the State of Global Coal program
- Chen Sha, Professor, Beijing University of Technology
- Zhou Hongchun, Former Research Fellow and Deputy Inspector, Research Department of Social Development, Development Research Center of the State Council
- Bai Rongchun, Former Deputy Director, National Energy Administration, NDRC
- Yang Fuqiang, Senior Advisor, Natural Resources Defense Council
- Yuan Jiahai, Professor, North China Electric Power University
Read more about the report here, and view more reports, summaries, Chinese versions, and country-by-country analysis on our State of Global Coal website.